Seigneur Jesus, notre Chef, notre Roi.

Daigne ecouter le cris de notre foi.

Garde a jamais le pays Seychellois.

Car nous jurons d'obeir a tes lois.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Ash Wednesday 2011

The beginning of Lent, a time of fasting and abstinence.  A time to renew our lives.

Lord,

Be my strength as I take on the challenges of this new Lent. Give me a willing heart so I may keep Lent faithfully.  I ask you to bless me and to be my encouragement.

In your goodness help me in these first days to turn my heart to you in a spirit of penance.  Grant me a steadfast focus as I seek to please you, a resolve to overcome my faults, to persevere in prayer and good deeds.

May you spur me on to make the most of these first days, to make this a precious time in my life, a time to grow in your friendship.

I know you will be my strength.

Amen

© The Prayer Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment